My husband and I are both pretty tech savvy, so it is quite natural that our kids can maneuver themselves with new gadgets and more importantly the computer and internet. My 7 year old can download and store new files he needs to run a program, and even manages to search on topics he wants to read on. We are of course very concerned with security and safety and so we set certain rules like he's not allowed in the internet unless either my husband or I are in the same room. Just imagine my excitement when I heard from Kiddix Computing. "The Kiddix Platform is a software environment for children built from the ground up with your family's needs and safety in mind."
Kiddix is an operating system (just like windows) that is uploaded in your PC. I love the fact that I can add, delete, or even blacklist a website. I basically entered all the URLs that I allow my child to visit, so there is no venturing out to other sites. There is a filtering level for different ages, so you are able to figure out what your child needs by age. You even have an option to view your child's web browsing history, and an option to receive all of their emails. My 7 year old absolutely enjoy using Kiddix. Now I am so much more relieved and relaxed when my children are having fun in front of the computer knowing that they are safe while browsing the net. This is one product that I recommend all parents should have available for their children. Click here for an online demo.
Here are the Kiddix Platform key benefits:And now for the contest:
- Kiddix is designed from the ground up with your family's needs and safety in mind. Kiddix provides for children ages 5-10 an entertaining environment which includes: a word processor, calendar, email, web browser, educational material, games, a separate account for each child, and a suite of innovative parental controls and monitoring tools. It is estimated that building a comparable system using traditional PC software would cost well over $700 and not include any games or educational material.
- Kiddix is hassle free for parents - translation: Kiddix is simple to set up!
- Kiddix is designed to keep your children secure. From day one we chose to base out software on Linux and open source software because the threat of viruses, malware, worms, and spyware is almost non-existent. This is compared to a traditional PC operating system, which has over 200,000 variants of malware attacking at the speed of the internet.
- Kiddix creates a brick wall between your data and your children. Your child will not be able to access any files outside his or her own account inside the Kiddix Platform, making the system much more secure.
- Kiddix can be installed on most PC's and next to your current operating system, so there is no need for extra hardware to be lying around.
2 winners will be chosen. Each at $75.00 Value
Email 3 of your friends about this contest with a link back here and CC'd to email@example.com - Subject: Kiddix
2) You must comment below so I can be directed to your blog/sites and or expect an email from you.
Contest will run from Oct. 23 - 28th and a winner will be announced on Oct. 29th. Good luck!
Take advantage of this Exclusive MomViews Special
- 25% discount off the list price - you will be able to buy it for $56.20. This is an Exclusive MomViews Special